Monday, October 22, 2007

As Easy As Changing A Lightbulb

Remember our posting on October 5th? Well, I'm here to tell ya that it's a fantastic deal not to be missed!

I pledged to replace 8 standard lightbulbs in our home and the county emailed me a link. I then printed my coupon and off to Office Depot I went.

The limit for the coupon is 10 CFL (compact fluorescent lightbulbs), but the store only had 8. I bought them out!

The $3 came off of every single one of the bulbs. So, my grand total for 8 CFLs was $12.54! That's just $1.57 a piece! And they'll save us energy when we turn them on . . . and they screw in just like a standard bulb . . . and they'll last 5 years!!

I thanked the salesperson at Office Depot and politely refused the plastic shopping bags she wanted to put them in. I walked out cradling the bulbs in one arm and holding the receipt in the other.

We have posters from the county about this program (just picked them up today), so you'll be seeing them around school.

If you'd like to get in on this great deal, just go to http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news/2007/223.htm and click on the link to pledge that you will change at least one of the standard light bulbs in your home to an energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulb. After you make the pledge, you will receive a $3 discount coupon toward the energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs at Office Depot or WalMart.

Thank you, Fairfax County, for making it easier for us to Make a Difference and Change a Light!



_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _