Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wrapping Ideas for the Holidays

I've been thinking about all of the waste associated with wrapping presents and have come up with a few ideas that you may want to adopt or expand upon.

Brown paper shopping bags make great wrapping paper -- so do newspapers -- and leftover fabric.

We're saving cereal boxes and other types of boxes to place gifts inside.

Packing peanuts and bubble wrap are saved and reused.

I was in Target today and found that most of their wrapping paper is Made in the U.S.A.
I haven't found a place that has recycled wrapping paper, but Hallmark stores have 3 styles of 'green' holiday cards. They are made from post-consumer recycled paper and sugar cane fibers. I was so excited when I found them!

What earth-friendly ideas can you come up with? We'd love to hear about them.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _